TERMS AND CONDITIONS | CONDITIONS GÉNÉRALES
Lingua Franca Pty Ltd 2019
SNAPSHOT | APERÇU
Lingua Franca operates a fair and equitable business. Our terms and conditions are designed to help our customers get the most from their purchases as well as protect Lingua Franca Pty Ltd. You will find the details of our terms and conditions below. We invite you to read them, as any purchase from Lingua Franca means you agree to them. While we are sympathetic and do understand that unforeseen events can arise, refunds, credit notes and deferrals can only be approved for eligible customers.
1. GENERAL | GÉNÉRAL
1. Age Restrictions
1. Lingua Franca group lessons, private lessons, events and trips are designed for students 18 years and above, unless otherwise indicated. Students aged under 18 years may be able to schedule private lessons. If a student under 18 wishes to undertake private lessons with Lingua Franca, their parent or guardian must apply in writing to the director. The director reserves the right to accept or refuse the application.
2. In the instance where a student under 18 years undertakes private lessons with Lingua Franca, it is required that all scheduling, payment and correspondence be completed by a parent or guardian.
2. Catch-up Classes
1. Regular attendance is essential to the learning process, but Lingua Franca understands that things crop up from time to time. So, if you miss a class we encourage you to arrange a catch-up lesson. Students may be able to attend another class of the same or similar level, only if there are places left in that class. Students must contact reception to organise this (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Catch-up classes are subject to availability.
3. Catch-up classes must be completed during the term within which the class was missed and will not be carried over the subsequent terms.
3. Public Holidays
1. Classes will not be held on Queensland public holidays. Classes that would otherwise fall on a Queensland public holiday will be rescheduled prior to the commencement of the term.
2. Students whose classes are affected by public holidays will be reminded of exact details of the replacement session at the time of enrolment via the enrolment confirmation email.
3. For scheduled classes affected by a Queensland public holiday, an alternative class will be held on the Monday of that same week, at the usual class time, unless otherwise notified.
4. Refunds will not be given to students who are unable to attend replacement sessions, though they are welcome to attend a catch up lesson in that term instead.
4. Class Scheduling
1. Lingua Franca reserves the right to re-arrange or to cancel classes if a minimum of students is not reached at any time.
2. If a class is cancelled by Lingua Franca, students can transfer to another class in the current term or receive a full credit or refund.
3. To ensure Lingua Franca delivers the best quality teaching, Lingua Franca reserves the right to redirect a student to another class level, at any time, if the student’s level does not match that of the rest of the class.
4. Students cannot book a ‘one-off’ group class with Lingua Franca.
1. Both private and group classes (at Lingua Franca premises or via Skype) start and finish on the agreed scheduled time. If a student arrives late to a lesson, tutors are unable to teach longer than the agreed time as it could affect subsequent lessons.
2. If a student is running late to either a private or group lesson, Lingua Franca appreciates a courtesy call or text.
6. Enrolment Confirmation
1. Enrolment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Placeholders will not be accepted as enrolment. Enrolment is only confirmed once payment for the event, group class or private lesson has been received.
7. Photography and/or Videotaping
1. By entering Lingua Franca premises, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give Lingua Franca the unqualified right to take pictures and/or recordings of you and grant the perpetual right to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge Lingua Franca from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image. Lingua Franca shall not be obligated to use, and may elect not to use, your image.
2. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please advise Lingua Franca at any time, by emailing email@example.com with details of your concern. You may also request removal of content from the website or social media via this email address.
2. PAYMENT | PAIEMENT
1. Part Payments
1. Part payment for courses is not permitted. Lingua Franca does not refund for missed classes, no matter the reason, however catch-up classes are both allowed and encouraged. Catch-up classes must be redeemed before the end of the term in which the missed class occurred.
2. Way to pay
1. We accept the following forms of payment: cash, cheque, credit card, Stripe, PayPal, Ezidebit and bank transfer.
2. You can pay weekly by entering into a direct debit contract with Ezidebit. Your first payment must be made before the first day of your course at the latest and payments will continue to be debited until the fulfilment of the contracted time (the length of the course), even if you are no longer attending classes. For those who set up long-term payment plans, it is your responsibility to make sure you stop these payments at the end of the current course should you decide not to continue. Lingua Franca will not refund overpayments.
3. Payment of any kind constitutes agreement with Lingua Franca’s terms and conditions.
3. CANCELLATION POLICY | CONDITIONS D’ANNULATION
Lingua Franca requires written notice (firstname.lastname@example.org) to cancel or reschedule any lessons in addition to the adherence of the following cancellation policy:
1. Group Lessons
1. Lessons must be paid in full at least 48 hours before the group lesson. If the student is paying via Ezidebit, your first payment must be scheduled during the first week of of term at the latest.
2. If cancellation is received in writing more than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of a term; students will receive a full refund or credit.
3. If cancellation received in writing less than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of a term; students will not receive a full refund or credit. Deferral conditions will apply. See section 4. Deferrals.
4. If cancellation is received in writing after the commencement of a term; students will not receive a credit or refund.
2. Private Lessons - individually purchased
1. Private lessons slots are for a minimum of one hour.
2. Private lessons must be taken on a weekly basis to guarantee the time and day.
3. Lingua Franca cannot schedule less frequent lessons on an ongoing basis.
4. One-off, ad-hoc lessons can be purchased via the website.
5. Private lessons individually purchased must be paid for at least 48 hours before the lesson.
6. If cancellation is received in writing more than 24 hours prior to the commencement of a lesson, students will be given a full refund or credit of the lesson fee, unless the lesson is scheduled on a Monday, in which case section 3.5 applies.
7. If cancellation is received in writing less than 24 hours prior to the commencement of a lesson; students will be charged 50% of the lesson fee.
8. If cancellation is received in writing by 5pm on the Friday prior to a lesson scheduled on a Monday; students will be given a full refund or credit of the lesson fee.
3. Private Lessons - purchased in a pack of ten
1. Private Lessons purchased in a pack of ten must be paid for at least 48 hours before the first lesson.
2. All ten lessons must be used within a thirteen-week period (excluding school holidays), unless by agreement with the director. A pro-rata calculation will be used for smaller bundles with any part days rounded down to the nearest day. Please ask for clarification before payment if unsure.
3. Cancellation received in writing more than 24 hours prior to the commencement of a lesson; the conditions of section 3.2 will apply. Unless the lesson is scheduled on a Monday, in which case the conditions of section 3.5 apply.
4. Cancellation received in writing less than 24 hours prior to the commencement of a lesson; 50% of one lesson will be charged.
5. If cancellation is received in writing by 5pm on the Friday prior to a lesson scheduled on a Monday; students will be given a full refund or credit of the lesson fee.
4. DELF Programs
1. DELF course fees will not be reimbursed or credited once a student has committed to the program, even if their personal circumstances change.
2. DELF payment plans can be tailored to suit student’s needs, with payments split over a maximum of four invoices, provided all monies are paid in full before the first lesson of the DELF training program.
3. Alternatively, Ezidebit payment plans can be arranged to allow payments to run in line with the DELF program. Ezidebit constitutes its own terms and conditions which students must agree to in order to set up an Ezidebit payment plan.
5. If a student chooses to enter into an Ezidebit payment plan, students are reminded that DELF course fees will not be reimbursed or credited once a student has committed to the program, even if their personal circumstances change.
4. DEFERRING YOUR GROUP CLASS | REPORTER VOTRE COURS DE GROUPE
1. When a student is no longer able to attend group class, the student has paid in full and Lingua Franca received notice in writing more than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of term, the student is eligible for a full credit or refund. See section III. Cancellations.
2. When a student is no longer able to attend group class, the student has paid in full and Lingua Franca receives notice in writing between 7 days prior to the commencement of term and the actual commencement date of the term, the student is eligible to defer their class until the next term. Students must recommence their group class the following term or forfeit their deferral and all monies paid. Please note that the conditions of the Class Guarantee apply, see section 4.3.
3. When a student is no longer able to attend group class, and the term has already started, students are not eligible to defer their class. However, Lingua Franca may be able to organise a partial credit note. Strict conditions apply, see section 5. Credit Notes.
2. Pre-paid deferrals
1. In the event where a student has pre-paid for more than one term of group lessons at Lingua Franca, and where that student is no longer able to commence their group lessons at the agreed course start date, Lingua Franca can organise for the student’s group lesson to be deferred provided they meet the below terms;
1. Pre-paid for two or three terms: right to suspend for one term if notice is given in writing to email@example.com 7 days prior to the start of the course. Please note that the conditions of the Class Guarantee apply, see section 4.3.
2. Pre-paid for one year: right to suspend for two terms if notice is given in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 7 days prior to the start of the course. Please note that the conditions of the Class Guarantee apply, see section 4.3.
3. Class Guarantee
1. Lingua Franca cannot guarantee that if a student defers their group class start date, that the same selection of courses will be on offer when they return to classes.
2. Lingua Franca will make every effort to find a class suited to the student’s level upon their return, however, should no class be available to a student who a has deferred their course start date, no refund or credit note will be given. Students will be given the option to join a class that is lower than their current level.
3. Courses may not be deferred twice.
4. Applying to defer
1. Applications for credit notes must be addressed in writing to email@example.com seven day prior to the start of the term.
5. CREDIT NOTES | Avoirs
1. Notice Periods
1. Notice given more than 7 days prior to the commencement of term
1. When a student is no longer able to attend group class, the student has paid in full and Lingua Franca received notices in writing more than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of term, the student is eligible for a full credit or refund. See section 3. Cancellation Policy.
2. Notice given less than 7 days prior to the commencement of term
1. When a student is no longer able to attend group class, the student has paid in full and Lingua Franca receives notice in writing less than 7 days prior to the commencement of term, the student is not eligible for a credit. Students may be able to defer their class until the next term. See section 4. Deferring your group class.
3. Notice given during the term/once the term has already started
1. When a student is no longer able to attend class, and the term has already started, Lingua Franca may be able to organise a partial credit note. Credit notes may be provided strictly in the event of one of the following unforeseen circumstances:
1. Following an accident or trauma to the student or a member of their immediate family, to receive unexpected medical treatment that prevents the student’s completion of the course (supporting documentation from a medical practitioner is required on all accounts).
2. Applying for a credit note
1. Applications for credit notes must be addressed in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A student’s application for a credit note will be held against Lingua Franca’s conditions for Notice Periods. See section V.1.
3. Applicable credit notes
1. Credit notes will be the value of the course fee corresponding to the remainder of the course at the time the application is received, minus 10% of the course fee to cover administration costs. Strict conditions apply:
1. Credit notes are valid for a period of 12 months from the date they are processed.
2. Credit notes may only be used for all products offered by Lingua Franca and are not redeemable for cash.
3. Their validity period cannot be extended.
4. They are not transferable.
7. TRIPS | VOYAGES
Terms and conditions vary from trip to trip. Please contact us for terms and conditions specific to the trip you are considering. Please note, acceptance of these terms and conditions are constituted once Lingua Franca has received payment whether for a deposit, balance or both.
1. Bookings and payment
1. Prices quoted in trip announcements are subject to availability. Further places may be available however there is the chance of a price increase. Please ask us for a quote before proceeding.
2. Cancellation fees which could amount to 100% of the trip cost may apply.
3. Payment of deposit/balance constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. Lingua Franca does not organise for students to share rooms. Should a student wish to share, it is their responsibility to find someone with whom to share and one student must take full financial responsibility for the cost of the room in the event of a cancellation. Travellers cannot sign up for a trip in the hope they will find someone to share with. Each person that signs up for a trip is charged a single traveller rate, and if they then share the cost with a friend or loved one, they must receive the payment from their friend or loved one. Lingua Franca will not be involved.
2. Services not used
1. No refund is available once your holiday has commenced or in relation to services which are included in the holiday price which have not been used.
3. Not Included
1. Cost of passports, visas, travel insurance, excess baggage, all items not specifically mentioned as being included, and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone, gratuities, meals & beverages (which are not stated as being included).
4. Travel Insurance
1. A valid travel insurance certificate is a condition of travel. This must be provided to Lingua Franca within 30 day of booking. Emma Ross of Travel Managers, can provide quotes for insurance if required
1. All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars and are current at the time of printing.
6. Force Majeure
1. Lingua Franca cannot be held liable for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever, to the traveller and or travelling companions or group members resulting from events beyond our or supplier's control including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lockouts or other labour disputes or descriptions, wars, blockades, insurrections, riots, earthquakes, weather conditions, floods or acts or restraints imposed by government authorities.
1. Lingua Franca and Travel Managers only act as agents for the persons or companies providing or offering the means of travel, transport, accommodation and all other services and all receipts, tickets, vouchers and coupons are issued subject to the terms and conditions under which such transportation and other services are offered.
2. All possible care has been taken to ensure that suppliers maintain a high standard. However, as we do not control any of the service providers, we cannot be responsible for problems arising from your booking, howsoever caused, unless it is the direct result of negligence on our part or on the part of our employees.
3. In particular, Lingua Franca accepts no responsibility or liability for matters outside our control including injury, damage or loss arising from accidents, delays or irregularities, wars, riots and civil strife, terrorist activity, natural disasters, weather conditions, industrial disputes, government actions, airline schedule changes, etc.
1. All baggage and personal effects are, at all times, at your own risk. Any excess baggage charges are the responsibility of the passenger.
1. Tickets to events must be paid for at least 48 hours before the event.
2. Under no circumstances will refunds be given to attendees of Lingua Franca events.
3. In the event that an attendee is no long available to attend an event, it is possible to transfer their ticket to someone else should they be able to find a willing participant. It is not the responsibility of Lingua Franca to find such a person.
8. DISCOUNTS | RÉDUCTIONS
1. Group Lessons
1. A discount is available to those students who pay upfront for both a Key Course and Speaking Practice Course. See www.mylinguafranca.com for a list of prices and discounts.
2. A ‘Catch the Worm’ discount applies to students who purchase their Key Course or Speaking Practice Course before the specified cut-off dates for each term. See www.mylinguafranca.com for a full list of dates, prices and discounts.
3. Discounts apply to students who wish to pay upfront for more than one term of study at Lingua Franca. See www.mylinguafranca.com for a list of prices and discounts.
2. Private lessons
1. Student who enrol in and pay upfront for a pack of ten private lessons will receive a 10% discount.
9. INCLUSIONS | INCLUS
1. Tutor Availability
1. Tutors are available for 15 minutes both before and after group lessons to discuss homework and any questions students may have in regards to the materials covered in class. If you wish to use this service, please advise reception 48 hours prior to the lesson.
1. Students who enrol in a Key Course will receive a Lingua Franca workbook and homework book which corresponds to their level, and is included in the course fee.
2. Students who enrol in Lingua Franca’s Club de Lecture will receive a copy of the book the group is reading, and is included in the course fee.
3. Students who enrol in any course offered by Lingua Franca will receive a password to access the members only section of the Lingua Franca website
1. The password will change every term.
4. Students who pay upfront for a pack of ten private lessons at Lingua France will receive a Lingua Franca workbook and homework book which corresponds to their level, and is included in the course fee.
5. Students who enrol in a Lingua Franca holiday workshop will receive a Lingua Franca workshop booklet, which is included in the course fee.
6. Students who enrol in a 10-week transition course at Lingua Franca will receive a Lingua Franca cheat sheet, verb pad and grammar which corresponds to their level, and is included in the course fee.
10. EXCLUSIONS | EXCLUSIONS
1. Students who enrol in a four-week Speaking Practice Course at Lingua Franca do not receive take-home printed material, since the focus is on speaking.
11. REFERRAL SYSTEM
1. Lingua Franca has a referral system by which current students can refer new students and receive credit towards their courses.
2. For every successful referral that a current student makes, Lingua Franca will offer both the current student and the referee a $50.00 referral credit.
3. The $50.00 referral credit will be valid for 12 months from the date of processing and can be put towards any Lingua Franca product or class.
4. There is no limit to the number of referrals a current student can make.
5. The same person cannot be referred twice.
6. The referee must not have previously taken classes at Lingua Franca.
Lingua Franca reserves the right to change or alter these terms and conditions at any time.